Monday, December 11, 2006

the hermit

I always start up these blog things and then write in them maybe 3 or 4 times and then forget about them. This one may or may not suffer the same fate as all the others. We shall see.

Well, I'll start from the top, sort of. This is kind of a silly time in my life to start chronicling things, because I am living at home with my parents at the moment and working a lame retail job that involves me selling overpriced jeans to people who actually have enough money to spend $100+ on their pants. I haven't been out (in the social sense) in the last six weeks that I've been home. I am living like a hermit. That's probably why I have found the time to be writing this.

My life used to be exciting. I spent the last year and a bit in the UK and Europe. I went to school in Scotland for 8 months, worked at a summer camp in England for 4 months over the summer, then did a solo backpacking excursion through most of Western Europe for 2 months. I just got back to Canada about 6 weeks ago, and I am living at home because I missed the beginning of the school year and therefore I cannot finish my degree just yet. I am planning on going back to Ottawa in May though, and picking up the last few credits I need in summer school. But until then, I'll spend the next six months living at home and working crappy jobs to pay off the horrific credit card bill that I racked up in Europe.

I think the main reason that I haven't been out much is because I was just so exhausted from travelling that it feels good to stay home. Oh well. To bed with me now because I have a store to open in the morning. Blah.

No comments: