I got my driver's license today! It's not really that exciting because it's only a learner's permit, and I already had one of those, but it was valid in a different province so today I had it switched over so I could drive here. And by "drive", I mean with a licensed adult in the car to teach me. Which isn't very impressive, considering I'm 22. But I really just want to take the road test so I'll have an actual license and can take the car out once in awhile when I want it. Driving just seems like a useful skill to have in the future. My license picture is fantastic too, so I'm happy about that. My Dad also let me drive twice today, once to the supermarket and once on the highway, which freaked me out. I went about 70, and all the cars behind me hated me. Oh well, I have to learn somehow.
In other news, my social life has improved over Christmas. I saw my high school friends for our annual Christmas Eve Eve party, and I saw Jason a few times while he was home. I even went to a club on Wednesday night, but it was a pretty lame experience so I won't go into detail about that.
Christmas itself was really good. I got alot of nice presents and ate alot of good food, and had an easy, relaxing day at home with my family. And I had two days off from work, which was probably the best thing of all. I am on the hunt for a new job that will actually pay me something and doesn't include a boss that constantly makes racial jokes and thinks he's hilarious.
Nothing else to report right now. I am sure a million things happened in the last ten days, but they can't be that important if they haven't come to mind yet. New Year's Eve is in a couple days... NO idea what I'm doing, but I won't be disappointed at all if it involves staying home and sleeping. I spent New Year's Eve last year in Edinburgh, at the Hogmanay street party. We had to pee in the street, with 100 000 people around us because we were all drunk and couldn't push through that many people to get to the porto-potties. So it's fine by me if I hang out at home this year. I'll make some cappucino and read a good book and get a proper night's sleep. Mmmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment